Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I just had to share this picture of my little ham! She's getting so big on me and it's making me so sad, but happy. I want to freeze time and be able to revisit the days that have already passed, but still be able to enjoy the future with her as well.

 I love being a mama so much. I feel as though this is what I was born to be! No career could ever surpass that of being a mother and feeling needed and loved all at once. It's the greatest. I'm dreading returning to work, but it has to be done. Babies are lovely but they aren't cheap! I'm gonna miss my little bit so very much. I will be returning in about two weeks, and I know I was so very blessed to have had such a long maternity leave.

I think to myself every day 'I need to soak all of this in. Every smile, every cry, every nurse. Soak it all in and remember every little detail, because it changes day by day.'

Here are some of my Instagram pictures from the past week!




Graciella is so smiley in the mornings now and I love it! The best time to get her to smile is right after she wakes up around 6:30 - 7am and gets her diaper changed. She just lays there and coos, kicks her legs around, smiles and plays till she's ready for her morning nursing and nap. I'll get more into detail about her daily 'routine' in her two month update coming soon after her well baby visit!











Sometimes daddy feels left out since she is more often than not, in my arms. Either nursing or soothing her because she just wants to be held by mama. So, when he's home from work in the afternoons, I make sure to hand her off to him after nusing when it's time to burp. It's become a great afternoon feed routine. Daddy loves the bonding time with his little princess and I love watching them together. After a good burp he snuggles or plays with her. It just melts my heart. Like a saying I saw once... not sure where exactly, but I fell in love with it.. 'I never knew how much I loved you, till I saw how much you love her.' My sentiments exactly. It melts my heart. <3





This was a throw back Thursday post! Back when we first started dating. I know we haven't been together the longest, but that doesn't matter, because our love is real and our love is strong. It will last.



                            (3-5-2011) <3





Now this little picture right here has got to be one of my all time favorites of my precious little Graciella. Look at those huge beautiful eyes and pinchable cheeks! If you told me you didn't feel an emence urge to kiss her face, I wouldn't believe a word you said! I can't believe she's mine sometimes. I step back and think 'I created her?!' With a little help of course.. ;) But seriously, am I the only one who feels like she is just far too perfect of a baby?

(1 day shy of 8 weeks old!)


And last but not least, the basket that I made for my honey as his Easter treat! I got the idea off of Pinterest and just got so excited that I had to do it! With my own little twists of course. We aren't really drinkers in this house, but I thought it would be a nice treat for him since he's been working such long hours. Something to help him relax. Inside I placed chapsticks 'cause he's always losing his, Lindt chocolate carrots and a Lindt chocolate bunny - yum! I had to 'taste test' that part with him. And some gum. Nothing too fancy, but he still really loved it and I had a lot of fun putting it together & surprising him!


Well, that's all for now. Hope you enjoyed the pictures of my little girl as much as I do.  Have a wonderful Tuesday night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment