Friday, October 19, 2012

24 Weeks. SIX MONTHS!!

My goodness, I'm 6 months pregnant! How does time continue to fly so quickly?!
My tummy has really 'popped' again, and I feel huge. I love my belly though, and feeling her squirm inside. She's much more active this week, then she has been thus far. She used to just move around in the early morning or late night... but now I feel her all through the day, even when on my feet for hours at work. She must move a lot in her sleep like her mama. ; ) 'Cause there's no way she's awake every time I feel her move. She'd never be sleeping if that were the case!

My heartburn has been getting worse and worse as the weeks go by. So, I finally broke down and bought tums smoothies last week. As much as I hate the taste/texture of tums, I hate my heartburn even more! I still only take them once in a while, but it's nice to know they are there for when I really need them. Oh, and don't get me started on the back pain! My lower back puts me in so much pain by the end of the day, to the point where I can barely walk! I attribute this to my belly growing so much in the past week and the cold/rainy weather we have had continuously all week. My body always has gotten 'achy' when it rains, but this is a whole new level of ache! I don't like to take Tylonol too often, even though I know it's safe to take while there's a baby growing inside of me. I take it about once a week, if that. When my back gets to causing me too much pain, I stretch & lean forward. It ALWAYS cracks when I do this, helping me out for a few minutes..

IN OTHER NEWS: My honey bought me a gorgeous diaper bag! It hasn't arrived yet, since he just ordered it via the internet last night, but I am extremely excited to fill it up & tote it around when baby gets here. It doesn't look too much like a diaper bag, which I love. It just looks like an over-sized purse - just my style!


Food cravings: BANANA BREAD. I am in love with this stuff all of a sudden. It's just so delicious. OH and banana nut cheerio's. YUM. I'm also really into cheese still, mainly mozzarella this week and I still love my milk. I've always loved milk through this pregnancy, but I haven't craved in since my first trimester. I'm back to craving it, and drinking much more of it. I guess that's a good thing to crave, though! Getting my calcium for my little girl to grow those strong bones & pearly whites. : )
Food aversions: Onions. The smell makes me nauseous OUT OF NO WHERE. I was able to tolerate them up until this point, but now... no. No thank you.
Weight Gain: Acording to my last doctors appointment my weight gain thus far was 8lbs. I am guessing it's more by now, seeing as that was a few weeks ago and I can FEEL myself getting heavier. We will see on the 30th when I go to my next appointment & get my glucose test done.
Symptoms: Heartburn, back pain, headaches, exhaustion, ligament pains and constantly having to pee!

Movement: Baby girl is a dancer already! : )
Memory Of The Week: Having her move soooo much more this week, getting my diaper bag ordered and making her a lovely little no-sew fleece blanket. It's so adorable and was super easy to make!


Stretch Marks: I FREAKED thinking that I saw one by my belly button last week.. then the next time I went to go find it/look at it, it was gone. Must have been my imagination.
Showing:
 So much bigger!!

Gender Prediction: We found out it's a precious baby girl.
Maternity Cloths: Yes, unless I'm in my yoga pants & sweaters. Those stretch mighty nicely. ; )


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment