Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Three Month Favorites!


 Bright Starts Lots Of Links - These are great little things to have! I bought them while I was pregnant, and didn't open the package till about two or so weeks ago. Now, they are EVERYWHERE. Hanging from her play mat, attached to the handle of her car seat, in her swing and on her bouncy chair. Everywhere. She loves them. She'll bat at them and hit them, making noise which she loves. She also loves shoving them in her mouth (don't worry, they aren't nearly small enough to actually fit in there all the way or choke her). Some of them have bumps or textures on the side which is great for her sensory & teething. I also like to attach her toys to them so they are easy to reach and won't fall onto the floor and get yucky. I definitely recommend these. And if you do buy them, just go ahead and throw more than one bag in your cart!
Birts Bees Unscented Baby Lotion - Now, I'm usually a lover of Aveno, and I was loving the Aveno baby body wash & lotions for her first few weeks, but then out of the blue she developed these red rash like bumps all over her tummy area and face. Some on her back, too.. so I tried a couple different skin care products for sensitive skin, and finally ended up sticking with and loving this 99% natural baby lotion (in unscented). It's a lightweight lotion, which is great because it doesn't feel like it's smothering her skin and it soaks in really quickly. And the day after I used it on her for the first time, her rash like bumps were gone! (Also, the bodywash we finally settled on was Aquaphor baby wash & shampoo. LOVE IT. Just didn't think about adding it to the list till after I made the collage above.)
Bright Starts Activity Gym - I know there are a lot more gyms out there that are super expensive and fancy shmancy, but really all a baby needs is something stimulating to look out, possibly some cute music and toys to hand down for them to bat at, grab and play with. And this does it's job just fine. She loves laying on her mat, especially now that I have all of those  Bright Starts Lots Of Links hanging down from it with toys on the ends. She will play on this mat for as long as an hour some days. Kicking her feet & swinging away at the toys & links. She also love to catch a glimps of herself in it's mirror, which is attached by velcro on so you can change it's position depending on where baby is laying.
Boon Grass Drying Rack - I returned back to work at the end of last month, and since doing so we now have bottles to wash. Lots and lots of bottles. I had been exclusively breastfeeding her up until this point and had no use in using a bottle through out our day, before. Also, since returning, I have to pump regularly. This drying rack is perfect for all those small pump parts and bottle valves, nippls, caps, etc... And seriously, just LOOK at the thing. It's adorable! I love that you can buy extra 'trees' and such to attach if you need to. It's a great addition to our kitchen! Didn't mean for that to rhyme.. ;)
Rhino Toys Oball Rattle - There's not much to say about this toy except it's adorable and she loves it. Seriously. She loves that she can hold it with both hands, and of course that it rattles when she shakes it. It's also very soft and bends easily. I love that she can play with it herself and develop her fine motor skills in grabbing it on her own without getting frustrated like she does when she tries to grab other things that are much harder to grasp in her tiny hands. I am thinking about buying a few more in a variety of colors. Right now we only have the pink one. I know they also make them in all sizes. Perhaps a giant one is in our future.
Taggies Little Blanket - I received this at my baby shower from a co-worker of mine. I can not believe how something so simple can be so amazing. Graciella LOVES her taggies blankie! I almost always bring it with us if we are going to the store or for a longer car ride. It just keeps her so entertained. She grabs onto the little tags and shoves them in her mouth or rubs them between her fingers. I don't know what it is about those satin tags, but they've got her hooked.
Sassy Crinkly Book - You may recognize this little cute book from her Easter basket. I am definitely going to be purchasing a ton more of these. They are magnificent. The crinkly noise, the rattle & mirror inside, the fabric it's made of... all capture her interest. Often when I reach to pick up her crinkle book it is wet with slobber from her constantly chewing on it's corners, and more often then not, if she is on her play mat, you can hear the crinkle crinkle crinkle of this adorable little book. She never gets tired of it. I need to find some with words so I can read it to her while she plays with the pages.

What are some of your kiddos monthly favorites? Or what did your kiddo like at 3 months old? I'd love to hear about them. : )

Thanks for reading! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment