Tuesday, August 28, 2012

16 Weeks.

 (These pictures are taken same day each week.. since my due date changed they are actually on the last day of my pregnancy week. 16W 6D)

We bought an awesome dresser! We got it from Babies R Us and it's pure wood (way too heavy to get up the stairs.. my hubby will need some help!) very dark in color and has 6 long drawers. It's legs are carved out and remind me of something old fashioned... something that would be found in  my mothers house when she was a child. I just love it to pieces! It's also very large on top so I will just be buying a changing table pad & placing it on there. There is no reason I need to buy a separate changing table when I could be spending that money on diapers or other necessities. This will work just fine. 

We had also bought a crib.. but they gave us the display one and it was all scratched up, I was so disappointed and with my emotional, hormonal self, I started to cry. It also had a board on the bottom that was split all the way through... I was so excited to have a crib and dresser so to see that just devastated me in the moment. I got over it though, and my hubby returned it this morning. We will continue the hunt next week! I am very excited to get all the big things put together in our sweet pea's room. I want to be done with the heavy stuff and only worry about minor details the farthing along I get. I can't believe I only have 23 more weeks to go! (I am 17 weeks today.. like I mentioned under my picture)

Once we get our crib & bedding I will definitely be posting pictures to share my excitement & joy!

Food Cravings: Still milk & cheese along with orange & cranberry juice. I also have loved sour gummy worms this past week. They're just delicious right now.

Food aversions: My hubby ALWAYS wants to cook steak or hamburgers and I just can not stand those things right now. Ew ew ew.

Weight Gain: 5lbs as far as I know. We will see for sure at my next doctors appointment on the 4th of September.

Symptoms: I have hot flashes all of the time and they drive me nuts. Also, I had quite a few spats of heartburn this past week. Ouch.

Movement: Light flutters in the morning & when I lay down on my tummy (kind of, I lay on my side, turned towards my tummy snuggled up to a body pillow).

Memory Of The Week: Making our first big buy. : )

Stretch Marks: No.

Showing: I feel bigger every day.

Gender Prediction: I feel like we are having a girl. I will be happy with a boy too, though.

Maternity Cloths: My friend sent me a few of her maternity items from when she was pregnant and in there was a maternity belly band! I love it so much, it's soooo comfy and a lot better than my silly hair tie thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment