Wednesday, June 19, 2013

4 Months!

I must have drifted off at some point because I opened my eyes one morning and my itty bitty 6.10lbs newborn was 16.12 pounder! I'm officially the mama of a four month old. FOUR MONTH OLD. Crazy. Where do the days go? Where oh where do they go? I've tried to find them. Searched the whole house. Still no clue.. But they are gone and this mama is emotional when it comes to realizing so many days have left us. But I'm not going to cry! I won't cry! Okay.. maybe just a few tears. She's growing so fast! I love every day with her and each and every day that she grows and learns and wonders, she just gets to be more fun to take care of. Seriously. I love being a mama so much, and Gracie truly is the perfect baby to me.

I bought some pj's at a garage sale today. Ya know, the cute zip up the front footie pajama's that are fuzzy and soft and just adorable as all get out - well, I couldn't buy 9 month because that's what she's in now - crazy I know. So I had to get the next size up. 12 MONTHS?! That can't be. Please tell me that's a mistake! They look HUGE. She'll never be that big, right? I couldn't believe it. How can my baby grow up on me like this?! I don't care what the tag says. She'll always be my little baby. Always always always.

Only a cuddle sesh could cure this heartache, today.


She's started sitting up this past month, without any help! She can't stay like this for long, but it's still a very big milestone for her! She has also found her feed and I can't keep her tiny fingers off her tiny toes. Love it.

 
We've made the switch to cloth diapers. I love them so much. You can't deny this cuteness.

 
She hasn't rolled over yet.. but she tries! It's just.. she gets distracted and gives up half way. Either that or her thighs are a little heavy. ;) I just wanna pinch them. How could you not wanna pinch them?

We are going strong into our 4th month of breastfeeding. Yes, all those cute adorable rolls are the result of only mama's milk. Can you believe it? So proud of us for making it this far with no end in sight. No solids in our immediate future. I've decided to wait till after her half birthday. Which of course is going to be a celebration! I've already got the whole day planned out..!

Since her 2 month appointment she's gained a little over 4 lbs and grown 3 inches. So I'm assuming that's where the term 'growing like a weed' comes from. She's also begun to really teeth now. You can find a stream of drool rolling down her cute little chin at any given time during the day. Her collar is never dry anymore. And those fingers! They really only leave her mouth to nurse. Or shove a toy in there. Poor little lady. I can only imagine. So glad we don't remember the pain of teeth breaking through.

Now, to wrap things up.. some more baby cuteness for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment