Friday, February 7, 2014

Wondefully GREEN!

Rogelio wanted my 'pancakes' for breakfast, but I wanted eggs... and of course you can't forget the green smoothy! Graciella eats like a bird. Nibble here nibble there, handful on the floor and in her hair. So not much makes it's way to my sweet pea's tummy. I started making these smoothies after receiving one of the best Christmas gift ever. My Ninja Blender. Graciella slurps up her fruits and veggies in these tasty smoothies and I am one happy mama. Even when she randomly grabs the straw making it splash out everywhere. :p I've been making them just about every single day and am happy to say that this healthy life style has landed me 16 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight. Who could argue with that?!

Yesterday at whole foods I found their strawberries to be on sale, and they were HUGE. Lovely, sweet, GIANT strawberries in the dead of winter. Yes please!

So our smoothy of the day of course needed to have strawberries.

   

4 Giant strawberries, handful of fresh blueberries, 2 ripe banana's and 2 handfuls of mixed greens (baby spinach, baby kale & green chard today)



Then comes the mixers. We use this Siggi's probiotic drinkable yogurt in vanilla. I really enjoy all of the siggi's brand yogurts, but this is my favorite for smoothies. It's creamy and delicious and great for your tummy's health. I didn't have any almond milk today 'cause I was lazy and didn't make any yet this week. So we went to the next best thing. Super Natural brand cream top organic whole milk. Non-homoginized = all the good fats aren't destroyed. Organic & hormone free = healthy milk from healthy cows. Then of course we have to have our Chia seeds! Full of fiber, omega fatty acid's and the list just goes on and on for how great these things are for you! We have these in every single smoothy.



Look at all that goodness!



Can't forget the ice! I love my drinks ICE COLD.


For the main course we have scrambled 'green' eggs. Pastured eggs, spinach, kale, green & red peppers, broccoli, celery and sliced avocado on top. For my gluten free pancakes I throw 2 ripe banana's in the baby bullet/food processor with cinnamon, vanilla extract, walnuts (or pecans, whichever I have on hand) flax seeds, hemp seeds (totally optional) and a few eggs. (2 eggs for each banana usually works best) I never really do any measuring, but they always come out delicious! Sometimes I even add some rolled oats to the mix!

What are some of your favorite healthy go-to breakfast's for your family? I'd love to hear about them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment